Our lives are becoming more and more complicated with each passing day. Due to this people are subjected to higher stress levels and a number of diseases which in turn causes sleeping disorders. A sleeping disorder can be defined as, a condition which affects your ability to get enough sleep. Facing sleeping difficulties occasionally is considered to be normal, but the problem begins when you start facing the trouble of sleeping more frequently. People who are not able to adapt to the fast changing lifestyle are the ones who fall easy victims to sleeping disorders.
Sleeping troubles are not only confined to adults but are also becoming very common among the teenagers because of their disrupted lifestyles. Every day the list of patients with sleeping disorders is increasing. Sleeping disorders can affect both your mental and physical health drastically leading to a number of serious health issues. Sleeping disorders can be of different types. Some are serious, while others are less serious.
The Different Types of Sleeping Disorders
Many of us are well acquainted with the term ‘Insomnia,’ but insomnia is not the only type of sleeping disorder, there are other types too.
- Insomnia: More than 80% of the population suffers from insomnia today. Insomnia is the inability to get sufficient sleep at night which is caused by a number of factors. Factors like stress, any kind of health condition or the medications you take can cause you insomnia. Too much of caffeine, mood disorders, anxiety and depression being the other reasons.
- Sleep Apnea: This is a treatable sleeping problem in which your breathing tends to stop temporarily while you are asleep causing you to wake up frequently. A person usually doesn’t remember these awakenings, but he may feel exhausted and irritated in the morning. Though it is a curable disorder but it can still threaten your life.
- Restless Legs Syndrome: RLS is a kind of sleeping problem where a person feels the irresistible urge to move his legs frequently due to the uncomfortable, aching or tingly sensations on his legs.
- Narcolepsy: Though narcolepsy is a kind of sleeping disorder, but it is different from the other disorders. While other disorders cause you the inability to sleep, narcolepsy causes the uncontrollable urge to sleep during It is caused by a dysfunction of the brain that controls the sleeping and waking mechanisms. Narcoleptic people are prone to get ‘sleep attacks’ in the middle of any task.
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder: Everyone of us has an internal biological clock according to which we function including the sleep-wake cycle known as the circadian rhythms. When our circadian rhythm gets disturbed, we may start facing sleeping disorders or mood swings.
Due to the increase in the rate of sleeping disorder patients, doctors have come up with a new solution known as sprayable sleep. These sprays have proved to be effective in most of the sleeping disorder cases. This is a blessing in disguise for people who toss and turn on the bed and still don’t get a good night’s sleep. But, this bottle of spray is the ultimate solution and the best part is that they don’t have any kind of side effects. These sprays come in small spray bottles and are mostly consumed orally before going to bed.